- The HKSAR Government established the Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification (HKCTC) in 2009 to advise it on the overall development strategy of the testing and certification industry.
- HKCTC comprises members from the industry, business sector and professional organizations as well as the relevant public bodies and Government departments.
- The Innovation and Technology Commission provides secretariat and executive support to HKCTC.
- HKCTC has been adopting a market-oriented approach to promote the development of the industry.
- On the general front, continued enhancement has been made to the accreditation service and the factors of production of the industry.
- On the other hand, HKCTC is also exploring new testing and certification opportunities in different business areas.